Jun 19, 2015; University Place, WA, USA; Jordan Spieth hits his tee shot on the 1st hole in the second round of the 2015 U.S. Open golf tournament at Chambers Bay. Mandatory Credit: Michael Madrid-USA TODAY Sports
1.) Jordan Spieth
FedEx Points: 3,763
Of course the golden boy of golf Jordan Spieth takes the number one spot and by a longshot. Nearly 2,000 points ahead of his nearest competitor, Spieth is undoubtedly the hottest golfer on TOUR.
He has four wins and 12 top 10 finishes. No one else on TOUR has double digit top 10s. Not only does he have four wins, but two of them are majors and he tied for fourth at the one he didn’t win.
Jordan is also the number two player in the world and will soon overtake the number one spot with McIlroy sidelined with injury.
More from Jordan Spieth
- Zach Johnson’s Ryder Cup Picks Add Proven Winners, Comfy Partners, Good Putters
- Bubble Burst? Jordan Spieth is in danger of missing out
- Playoffs Finally Delivering The Kind of Excitement Promised
- Rahm, Rory, Spieth, Harman and The Weather Surprise at British Open
- Hard to Overlook McIlroy, Spieth, Day, and Rain at British Open
Every tournament he enters, he seems to make a run for first. In his last six starts he has two wins, and five top five finishes.
Spieth already has plenty of match play experience in his young career. He’s played on the 2013 President’s Cup team which won and the 2014 Ryder Cup team, when he made some noise paired with Patrick Reed.
It’s hard to go against Spieth with the way he has been playing golf. He’s number one in the FedEx Cup standings and he plans on holding that spot all the way to the Tour Championship.